News
Announcements
Reviews
Calendar
Blog
Mail Archive
Company
About The Company
Personnel
Contact Info
Press Info
Products
Tusk
Tusk
Malcolm Magic
Trouble Shooter
Dust To Dust
Company
Lorenzo's Portfolio
Past Events

Blog Twice - The Studio Blink Twice Blog
Blog Index...

Welcome to Blog Twice - the Studio Blink Twice blog. Check back for sneak previews, new artwork and all the latest Blink Twice news.

Previous Posts
Archive

Friday, October 20, 2006
FIRE!
Posted by Lorenzo at 6:37 am


Well, here we are, Malcolm Magic is rolling on, and I thought you folks might like to see another little teaser pic from inside the new issue, so...

Here's a shot of dear ole' HUSH blowing a few licks at the start of the fight sequence which lasts six or seven pages of the Nodsuf storyline in the issue. This is the moment when we see that the previously fairly docile Dragon (he got a cold in issue 9 and has not really been himself since) is indeed a force to be reckoned with. To render the fire, I spent some time working with techniques whereby I could get the best "feel" of fire, while still stylising it enough to make it meld with the lines of the art. Using the pencilled lines I had drawn on the original board, I used the pen tool in Photoshop to re-draw the flames, and then fiddled around with colours and glows to get the look I wanted. Once I'm really satisfied with this procedure, I'll do a little tutorial for how it's done, so you can have a go to!

In the meantime, check out the result...

Lorenzo!
Blink Twice - "Comics have never been so much fun!"